Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding. It is typically thinner than American-style rice pudding and is made with long-grain Basmati rice. Adding raisins, nuts, saffron, and cardamom is also common. This fusion version of kheer uses brown rice and is flavored with matcha.
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tsp Cooking Matcha
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp brown Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- Bring the milk to a boil, stirring constantly. Meanwhile, soak the rice in 1/4 cup water.
- Add the rice and sugar to the milk and simmer until the rice is cooked, about 40 minutes.
- Whisk the matcha and 2 tbsp water until smooth.
- Add the matcha to the rice and serve.