Blue Pea Flowers give this moon milk its vibrant blue color, but it's not only the color that is stunning. Licorice and spearmint make this a soothing blend that is great to sip before catching some zzz's.
What is Moon Milk?
Drinking a glass of warm milk before bed has been popular for generations, but the tradition is even older than many people realize - it dates back to ancient Ayurvedic practices. Today, many people add herbs, spices, and sweeteners to warm milk as a part of their nighttime routine, earning it the name "moon milk". Moon milk is extremely versatile - you can use either dairy or non-dairy milk and incorporate the herbs of your choice.
Ingredients (1 Cup)
- 1 tbsp Kali Indigo Tea
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp honey or other sweetener of your choice
- Combine water and tea and bring to a boil.
- Add the tea mixture and honey to the milk and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Strain herbal tea, serve, and enjoy!