Lemongrass is a wonderfully soothing herbal tea with a delicious flavor and aroma. And despite its citrusy flavor, lemongrass is not acidic, so it holds up well to milk! This lemongrass moon milk tastes great and is easy to make.
What is Moon Milk?
Drinking a glass of warm milk before bed has been popular for generations, but the tradition is even older than many people realize - it dates back to ancient Ayurvedic practices. Today, many people add herbs, spices, and sweeteners to warm milk as a part of their nighttime routine, earning it the name "moon milk". Moon milk is extremely versatile - you can use either dairy or non-dairy milk and incorporate the herbs of your choice.
Ingredients (1 Cup)
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass Tea
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp honey or other sweetener of your choice
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Continue simmering on low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Strain herbal tea, serve, and enjoy!