Milk and sugar round out our high quality Izu Matcha without overpowering the smooth and grassy flavor of the matcha itself. A perfect latte for matcha lovers! This recipe makes 1 large latte or 2 small lattes.
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tsp Izu Matcha
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- Warm the water until small bubbles form (do not boil). Boil the milk and sugar separately.
- Combine half of the water with the milk and froth using a milk frother.
- Using a whisk or chasen, combine the matcha and remaining hot water.
- Pour the frothy milk into your cup.
- Pour the matcha over the milk, swirling it to create the appearance shown in the image.