It's no secret that matcha and white chocolate are a perfect match, but the chai spices put these scones over the top! Scone recipe modified from this recipe by Madhuram's Eggless Cooking. Makes 8 scones.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or vegan butter, cold
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Chai Matcha
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Combine the milk and tea powder and let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients one small piece at a time and mix using a beater or stand mixer.
- Add the tea mixture to the dough and combine, then add the white chocolate chips and combine.
- Pat the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick on a baking sheet, then cut into 8 pieces.
- Bake at 400° F for about 20 minutes.
- After the scones have cooled, dust with powdered sugar and serve.